Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Spotlight: Women in Science
The spotlight’s on women in science when NightLife celebrates National Women’s History Month. Join the celebration with local scientists from the Academy, UC Berkeley, Stanford, UCSF, and more, whose expertise spans everything from zooplankton to California’s coastal currents and local tick-borne pathogens to technical science diving.
Listen and learn during an insightful discussion on what it’s like to be a woman in science—in the classroom, lab, field, and beyond—featuring a panel of Academy scientists. Shannon Bennett, Chief of Science, moderates a panel featuring Alison Gould, Research Scientist in Ichthyology; Frances Armstrong, Postdoctoral Fellow in Invertebrate Zoology; Meg Burke, Director of Science Integration and Operations; and Laura Eklund, Anthropology Collection Manager.
Take a very special “Tour of the Universe” in the Morrison Planetarium to learn about just a few of the many important contributions women have made to the field of astronomy.
Music by DJ Lady Ryan
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window.
- Since shows do sell out, we recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium shows start on time! Please arrive 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for dome entry. Late seating is not permitted.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
In this Tour of the Universe, we will explore a few of the amazing contributions women have made to astronomy.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Unlock the mysteries of terroir with a night of sipping, smelling, and exploring the science of coffee and wine.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of neuroscience + human health.
We asked, you chose: goats. Join us for a “viewers’ choice” GOAT NightLife, celebrating goats and the G.O.A.Ts.