Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Spotlight: Women in Science
The spotlight’s on women in science when NightLife celebrates National Women’s History Month.
DJ Set by LadyRyan
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Live Talk: Women in Science at the Academy
Meg Burke, Director of Science Integration and Operations, moderates a panel featuring Alison Gould, Research Scientist in Ichthyology; Frances Armstrong, Postdoctoral Fellow in Invertebrate Zoology; and Laura Eklund, Anthropology Collection Manager.
6pm - 10pm
Join the celebration with a plethora of local scientists from the Academy, UC Berkeley, Stanford, UCSF, UC Davis, Conservation Metrics, and Point Blue, whose expertise spans everything from zooplankton to California’s coastal currents and local tick-borne pathogens to technical science diving.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window.
- Since shows do sell out, we recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium shows start on time! Please arrive 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for dome entry. Late seating is not permitted.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
In this Tour of the Universe, we will explore a few of the amazing contributions women have made to astronomy.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!