Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: Noise Pop
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Photo of musical artist, Neon Indian
Get ready to make some NOISE at the official NightLife Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party! With a headlining DJ set by Neon Indian, there’s no better way to celebrate Noise Pop’s 30th anniversary than with live music, live art, and of course, live science.
- A little electronic, a little synth-pop, a little dreamy: Neon Indian brings the sweet jams and the good vibes with the ultimate opening set.
- Make your DJ dreams come true and learn how to spin with Fingersnaps Media Arts, a creative and educational DJ studio located in the heart of the Mission.
- Bring some of the music magic home with one-of-a-kind art inspired by concert posters displayed at a mini pop-up art gallery with Lil Tuffy.
- San FranPsycho is on deck, live screen printing a special NightLife-only NoisePop design. Buy a freshly screen-printed shirt on-site or BYOT (bring your own thing, shirt or tote) for your own customized memento.
- Hey vinyl fans, where you at? Add to your collection and find that special record you’ve been looking for at our make-shift vinyl market.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
We’re teaming up with the groundbreaking Cafe Ohlone for an immersive night of Ohlone culture.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals.
Live music + live science is always a win—get your fill of both at the official Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party.
Do androids dream of electric penguins? Expand your mind with a night of futuristic art and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
They broke rules, stereotypes, & glass ceilings. Meet the fearless scientists who challenged the status quo.