Sign up for our Youth Programs mailing list to stay informed about all teen opportunities, including when program applications open.
Careers in Science (CiS)
Careers in Science is a multi-year, year-round paid internship and youth development program for San Francisco youth who come from communities typically underrepresented in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
- Grades: 9-12 (must apply in grade 9 or 10)
- Commitment: 2-3 years
- Schedule: Training and work hours vary during school year and summer
- Cost: CiS interns are paid Academy employees
Teen Advocates for Science Communication (TASC)
TASC youth volunteers carry out the Academy’s mission to explore, explain, and sustain life by delivering youth-created and youth-facilitated STEM learning experiences on the public floor and around the Bay Area.
- Grades: 9-12
- Commitment: One semester
- Schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Sundays, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Cost: Free
TASC Middle School (TASC MS)
TASC MS offers youth in 6th-8th grade an introduction to science and sustainability through field excursions, nature investigations, and citizen science projects.
- Grades: 6-8
- Commitment: 6 weeks
- Schedule: Fridays, 12:00-3:00 PM
- Cost: $375 ($350 members), some scholarships available
Teen Science Night (#TSN)
#TeenScienceNight is the nation’s largest youth-only museum event. #TSN is planned for teens by teens, for a fun and free night to explore, learn, engage with science, and connect with the Bay Area community.
- Grades: 9-12
- Schedule: August 7, 2020, 6:30-9:00 PM
- Location: California Academy of Sciences
- Cost: Free, RSVP required
Science Action Club (SAC)
Science Action Club (SAC) provides afterschool and summer learning organizations with high quality staff training, teaching kits, and STEM activities that inspire youth to explore nature and conduct citizen science investigations.
- Grades: 5-8
- Schedule: Afterschool, weekends, or summer
- Location: Find a club near you
- Cost: Varies by location