Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: September 21
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Sounds by HABITAAT
Check out HABITAAT's exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page
Calling all creatures of the night: explore the nocturnal side of the Academy at NightLife and see what's revealed. With live DJs, outdoor bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 60,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude, our alligator with albinism), the night is sure to be wild.
Venture into our latest aquarium exhibit Venom to encounter live venomous animals and learn the power of venom to both harm and heal.
Bask in the glow of one of the largest living indoor coral reef displays in the world: our 212,000-gallon Philippine Coral Reef habitat.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Please note: The rainforest will be closed for infrastructure maintenance during this event.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Café only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Explore two of today's greatest cosmic mysteries—dark matter and dark energy. Narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.
Once a year the living & dead reunite. Join us in honoring departed souls in celebration of Día de los Muertos.