Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife LIVE: October 12
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Music co-presented by Noise Pop.
- A NightLife Live returner, grab your spot and vibe to Tanukichan’s ethereal melodies that meld vague, devastating lyrics about love and loss with dreamy pop music. Plus, a soulful opening set from Lalin St. Juste!
- Get cozy with serenading sounds by Camino De Agua in front of one of the deepest and largest living coral displays in the world. Music presented by Mellow Sessions.
- Move to the music of Love Supreme and check out a special art show curated by Helvella Art, an artist-run gallery and studio showcasing contemporary fine art in Oakland.
- Stroll through a pop-up marketplace and stock up on everything from original art prints to new and used vinyl featuring:
- Make your festival memories last with a customized wristband or enchanting flower crown with materials and help from Museum of Craft and Design.
- Grab a limited edition NightLife LIVE 2023 tee from San Franpsycho with designs by artist Felicia Ann
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
Jam out to musicians across genres from indie pop to hip hop and funk to bossa nova at our crowd favorite outdoor summer concert series. From July to October, every second Thursday night will feature a different NightLife LIVE lineup of music, art, and science.
We’re transforming the Academy into the ultimate eclectic music venue where you can groove to a spectrum of artists alongside our iconic exhibits (aquarium and chill anyone?). Catch live outdoor performances on the West Garden stage, explore an art show and artist market featuring local artists curated by Helvella Art, experience Mellow Sessions’ jazz-fusion melodies next to our 25 ft deep Philippine Coral Reef, and more.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Please note the rainforest will be closed for infrastructure maintenance during this event.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Café only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.
Once a year the living & dead reunite. Join us in honoring departed souls in celebration of Día de los Muertos.