Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Join us for a party of Jurassic proportions guaranteed to bring out the dinosaur-loving kid in everyone: We’re going back in time to celebrate the opening of Dino Days—and the most popular dinosaur movie of all time.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6p - 10p
Head outside for an encounter with life-size dinosaurs that ruled the Earth millions of years ago while the Awesöme Orchestra provides a soundtrack to your night with performances from your favorite Dinosaur movies.
- 6:30 -7:00 - “Fossils” from Carnival of the Animals
- 7:15 - 8:15 - “The Great Migration” from The Land Before Time
- 8:30 - 9:30 - Highlights from Jurassic Park
6:30p & 7:30p
- Get up close and grab a selfie with a dinosaur on the loose from the Academy's Public Programs department.
6p - 10p
- Check out dinosaur fossils, teeth, and claws from the UC Museum of Paleontology and pick up some awesome Jurassic-themed art from Little Russ Thompson Crafts and SF-based illustrator Emma Munger.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window.
- Since shows do sell out, we recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium shows start on time! Please arrive 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for dome entry. Late seating is not permitted.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Narrated by George Takei, Incoming! explores the past, present, and future of our Solar System.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!