Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Fungus Among Us NightLife
Get lost in the magical, mystical world of mushrooms at our annual fan-favorite fungi-focused NightLife.
Featured DJ: Sep
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- At 7:30 PM, Tap into Indigenous perspectives on mycology with a talk from Mutsun-Ohlone Indigenous consultant Kanyon Sayers-Roods.
- At 8:30 PM, Join the conversation around cultivation, research, and decriminalization of psilocybin mushrooms with Oakland Hyphae Labs.
6 - 10 PM (While supplies last)
Expand your mind while getting your hands dirty in a workshop with Arthur Lee of Mazu Mushrooms, where you’ll learn all about mushroom cultivation and build your own oyster mushroom grow kit to take home.
- At 8:00 PM, Join Arthur Lee and Maya Elson, executive director of CoRenewal, for Mycopsychology: Deepening Our Mycelial Connections, a live talk that explores personal connections to fungi and shares practices for connecting with fungi to encourage personal and planetary healing.
6 - 10 PM
Stop in to check out four short films from Fungi Film Fest, including: Mushroom Biomusic: Yellow Oyster, which uses fungi data to make music and control visuals; Spineless, which spotlights myriad miniscule creatures and their intimate alliances with fungi; Symfaunic, a fictional tale of a young faun whose radical thinking challenges the norms of the forest; and The Boat, a story of a boat that must navigate a tumultuous sea of mushrooms to find her lost sister ship.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQ's for more details.
Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Join us for an evening dedicated to the inspiring intersections of science and art.
From fossil-inspired Pokémon to classic games & a Super Smash Bros. tournament, this NightLife it’s Game On.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.
Behold as both humans and animals use the power of illusion to mystify your senses for one magical night.
Even us night owls could use a little more sleep. Hit snooze and hang with us at our dreamiest NightLife yet.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.