Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Brain & Body NightLife
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating science of human health and wellness from the inside out.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Yoga: Sunset Salutations (passes required)
6:15 PM & 7:00 PM
Roll out your mat and get loose with an aquairum yoga class presented by Yoga Tree SF.
Live Talks: Mending the Mind
At 7:30 PM, Grab a seat for a talk from Dr. Arseny Sokolov on the use of immersive video games for cognitive neuro-rehabilitation.
At 8:30 PM, Drop in for a live talk from Alli Feduccia of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) on the use of MDMA in psychotherapy.
Live Talk: On Pointe
Learn about the integral connection and balance of brain and body with a live talk from San Francisco Ballet principal dancer Jennifer Stahl.
Experience: Karuna VR
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Check out the future of chronic pain management and rehabilitation with an immersive virtual reality experience from Karuna VR.
Brain & Body Showcase
Project Lab + Swamp
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Meet neuroscientists and psychologists from UCSF as they share everything from the mysteries of the central nervous system’s numerous and diverse astrocyte cells to what’s really going on in your brain when you’re exercising. Plus, check out real brains of all types with researchers from UC Davis Medical Center.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Head outside for an encounter with life-size dinosaurs that ruled the Earth millions of years ago.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Can’t stand the heat? Explore some of the coolest creatures from some of the planet’s hottest climates.
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation, from kombucha to chocolate and everything in-between.
Duckwrth performs at our 3rd installment of NightLife LIVE, co-presented by Noise Pop.
Grab your flannel and get yourself to ‘90s NightLife for a celebration of iconic pop culture.