World-class science should be available to everyone. From free field trips for all San Francisco students to $3 admission for EBT, WIC, Medi-Cal, and Lifeline Pass cardholders, we're proud to open our doors to open more minds.
- Plan-ahead Pricing: Tickets purchased by at least midnight prior to the visit date will always be less expensive than tickets purchased on the day of your visit. On average, guests who purchase at least three days in advance save $3-5 per ticket or more—and the further in advance you buy, the more you are likely to save! Learn more
- Free for 2 and under: All children age 2 and under enjoy free Daytime Admission to the Academy, everyday.
- Membership: Annual memberships start at just $99—or $6 a month—meaning an entire year of unlimited Academy adventures pays for itself in 2-3 visits.
- Sustainable transportation discount: Get $3 off Daytime Admission when you walk, bike, or take public transit to the Academy. View our Getting Here page to plan your trip. Only available at ticket window.
- Military discount: Active-duty military personnel receive $3 off Daytime Admission with valid military ID or proof of service (e.g., VA card or DD-214) at the ticket window. Only available at ticket window.
- NightLife: Experience the nocturnal side of the Academy for a lot less—and save $1 or more when you buy at least a day in advance.
Affordable access programs
- EBT/WIC/Medi-Cal Benefit: As part of the Museums for All cooperative, the Academy offers $3 Daytime Admission and NightLife (21+) tickets to EBT, WIC, Lifeline Pass, and Medi-Cal cardholders every day of the year. At this time, Museums for All tickets are not available online and must be purchased at the Academy ticket window. Limit 4 (2 for NightLife) per group per visit. Not valid for special events.
- Discover & Go: Library cardholders 14 and older can check out passes good for free Academy admission at participating libraries from San Francisco to Sacramento. Select your library system and log in, or contact your local branch for details.
For school groups
- School Field Trips: All pre-K–12 school groups from the City and County of San Francisco receive free admission to the Academy, and all other California school groups receive a discounted group rate.
- Rock Program: The Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Enhanced Museum Visits Program supports field trips for grades K-5 in San Francisco. Free transportation, admission, and educational materials are all provided by this program.