Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
This week, we’re shrinking NightLife down to size with a celebration of all things tiny, miniature, and microscopic.
Music by DJ Starfari
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Live Talks: Think Small
At 7:30 PM, Catch a live talk on the future of tiny homes from Daniel Fitzpatrick, California Chapter Leader of the American Tiny House Association.
At 8:30 PM, See what NASA advisor and author of "What's It Like in Space?" Ariel Waldman found when she traveled to Antarctica for 5 weeks to film microbes living under the ice.
7:00 - 10:00 PM
Get in and check out Happier Camper’s HC1, the tiny unique trailer inspired by classic design and packed with modern functionality.
Get up close and personal with microscopic organisms with the San Francisco Microscopical Society & Merritt Microscopy and learn about the complex genetics, behavior, and chemical ecology of ants with UC Berkeley researcher Kelsey Scheckel.
VR Experience: A Drop in the Ocean*
Explore the ocean from a plankton's perspective in the Academy's brand new VR installation "Drop in the Ocean". *This experience is not included in the General Admission price.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
See just how tiny we are in the Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind!
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!