Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
SF Beer Week NightLife
Sip your way through a pop-up beer hall with a dozen local breweries slinging crowd favorites and limited releases.
Music by Push The Feeling DJs
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pop-Up Beer Hall
6:00 - 10:00 PM
-----> Take your time tasting the mighty fine selection of seasonal specials from different brewers including:
- Fort Point Beer Company
- Social Kitchen and Brewery
- Standard Deviant Brewing
- Laughing Monk Brewing
- Pond Farm Brewing Co.
- HenHouse Brewing Company
- Ghost Town Brewing
- Golden State Cider
- Bare Bottle Brew Co.
- Calicraft Brewing Co.
- Drake's Brewing Co.
- Original Pattern Brewing Company
- Seven Stills Brewery
-----> Plus, do not miss NightLife’s signature craft beer, Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Company with plant types found on the Academy’s living roof.
Science of Suds
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Learn what goes into the making of the many brews of Fort Point Beer Company.
- Chat with SF Brewcraft to help you get started with all your home-brew needs.
- Get an up-close look at the reltionship of yeast and sugar in the process of fermentation with microbial researcher Blake Downing (UC Berkeley)
- Join researchers Katherine Elizabeth Walwyn-Brown and Rebekah Gullberg (Stanford) in interactive activities to find out how much you really know about hops and microbes.
Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in African Hall. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables throughout the museum, only beer tickets.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket
1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-6 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Spend a day in the life of a beer as it makes its way through the brewery from kettle to can.
Journey through our solar system, guided by Tom Hanks.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Spice up your NightLife with an evening dedicated to the cool science behind mild, medium & flaming hot peppers.
Tune into NightLife when the museum transforms into a phone-free zone dedicated to life in the analog.
NightLife shrinks you down to size with venomous animals to kick-off the opening of our new exhibit, Venom.
You’re invited to have the time of your life at NightLife’s annual "Under the Sea" prom!