Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Get into the groove for our annual celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride, featuring a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions hosted by Heklina, founder of The Oasis’ weekly “Mother” party.
More details to come!
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!