Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife with Cafe Ohlone
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
We’re teaming up with the iconic Cafe Ohlone for an immersive night sharing the beauty and vibrancy of Ohlone culture and traditions.
Sounds by Cheekie Fresco
Check out Cheekie Fresco's exclusive NightLife playlist on Spotify
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7pm, 8pm, & 9pm
- Sip a sampling of teas while Cafe Ohlone co-founders Vincent Medina and Louis Trevino share stories about Ohlone’s rich history, traditions and living culture. Learn about Ohlone culture and the impact colonization had on Ohlone people, and hear how the vibrant Ohlone people continue to thrive today.
The Sights & Sounds
6 - 10pm
- Watch our aquarium transform before your eyes into a mesmerizing art installation, featuring images from the Ohlone archives and a custom soundscape developed specifically for Cafe Ohlone.
Plus, grab a special cocktail created by the Cafe Ohlone team, made from traditional Ohlone cuisine ingredients.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
We’re teaming up with the groundbreaking Cafe Ohlone for an immersive night of Ohlone culture.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals.
Live music + live science is always a win—get your fill of both at the official Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party.
Do androids dream of electric penguins? Expand your mind with a night of futuristic art and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
They broke rules, stereotypes, & glass ceilings. Meet the fearless scientists who challenged the status quo.