Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: July 22 is now SOLD OUT
Update: General Admission for this event is now sold out.
Featuring DJs Chulita Vinyl Club
Calling all creatures of the night: explore the nocturnal side of the Academy at NightLife and see what's revealed. With live DJs, outdoor bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 40,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude the albino alligator), the night is sure to be wild.
Step inside the iconic Shake House and our four-story Rainforest, where you can explore the Amazon’s treetops surrounded by free-flying birds and butterflies. Reservations for these exhibits are no longer required. However, please note that the last entry into the rainforest is 7:45 pm—our animals need their sleep!
Venture into our latest aquarium exhibit Venom to encounter live venomous animals and learn the power of venom to both harm and heal.
Visit the BigPicture exhibit in the Piazza to marvel at the most recent winners of the BigPicture Natural Photography competition.
Bask in the glow of one of the largest living coral reef displays in the world: our 212,000-gallon Philippine Coral Reef tank.
A few don't-miss details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:45 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium will be open during NightLife as of July 15 with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, reservations are required and capacity is limited. Reservations are first-come, first served—simply scan the QR code posted in the front lobby upon arrival to make your reservation.
Please note: food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All dining and drinking is permitted inside the Academy Cafe and outdoors in the garden.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
General Admission for this event is now sold out.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Explore Pop-Up Magazine’s FIELD GUIDE audio experience + art project made for & inspired by the world around us.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.
For adults 21+.