Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Get into costume and come ready to enjoy creepy science specimens, a costume contest, and Halloween drag performance by Rice Rockettes, hosted by hostess of horror and drag legend Heklina! Featuring Sweater Funk DJs
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Join Academy biologists Diana Jacobsmeyer, Jacob Gorneau and Katherine Montana for a behind-the-scenes glimpse into our fascinating scientific collections, including live scorpions that glow in the dark.
A FEW DON'T-MISS DETAILS
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, reservations are required and capacity is limited. Reservations are first-come, first served—simply scan the QR code posted in the front lobby upon arrival to make your reservation.
Please note: food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
COSTUME AND MASK POLICY
Event attendees are encouraged to dress in costumes for this event. For the safety and enjoyment of our guests, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent in nature.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- The California Academy of Sciences reserves the right to turn away any guest with a costume that we deem offensive or unsafe.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Get into costume and come ready to enjoy creepy science specimens, a costume contest, and Halloween drag show!
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Learn about all things luminous in a night of neon, including the science behind neon and the art it inspires.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.