Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Fungus Among Us NightLife
Step away from the baby bellas and learn how to unleash fungi’s true potential. Discover the power of psilocybin, the naturally-occurring psychedelic compound produced by very special shrooms and learn about what makes even the most everyday mushroom "magic".
- Cultivate your very own mushroom spores to take home with Bay Area Applied Mycology.
- Get up close and personal with mycorrhiza, fungi that colonizes plant roots, and other fungal delights with Stanford Lab and the San Francisco Microscopical Society.
- Learn about what kind of local mushrooms to look for—and which ones to stay far away from—with the Bay Area Mycological Society.
- Add a twist of fungi to your next cocktail with the Mycological Society of San Francisco—they’ll be making and sharing tastes of earthy mushroom simple syrups. Plus, check out ID characteristics of display mushrooms from the wild and bring photos of your own mushrooms to have them ID'd with the experts from the Mycological Society of San Francisco.
- Enter the wonderful world of mushroom foraging with Debbie Veiss of the Bay Area Mycological Society—and learn how and where to find fungi, why it’s important to study them, and why they’ve kept her fascinated for so long.
Music by Music by Heat Wave's, Daniel T.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Heads-up! Starting January 10, 2019, planetarium passes will be required for the 7:30, 8:30, and (new!) 9:30 pm shows. This will allow more guests to reserve their preferred showtimes in advance and better plan their evenings—and also help us manage high demand for limited planetarium seats.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free and seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Learn about the beneficial microbes in mushrooms that are an essential part of nature with Stanford's Kabir Peay
Discover how life is connected across our planet in Habitat Earth, an Academy original planetarium show.