Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Bean & Berry NightLife
Unlock the mysteries of terroir with a night of sipping, smelling, and exploring the science of coffee and wine.
Music by MOM DJs (Motown on Mondays)
Live Talk: Saving Grapes
Learn about Environmental Scientist Houston Wilson’s work with local grape farms to enhance the biological control of leafhoppers, making sure that those grapes survive to produce the wine in your glass.
Bean & Berry Showcase
Project Lab + Swamp
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Sharpen your sense of taste and smell with a game of “triangulation” with the Outer Sunset’s Andytown Coffee Roasters and learn more about the coffee cuppings hosted by The Crown, Royal Coffee’s Lab & Tasting Room. Also, get a taste of the best that Ritual Coffee has to offer.
Check out Uncommon Brewers’ Coffee & Waffles Ale, a Belgian-style dubbel brewed with cold brew coffee.
Learn about the environmental factors that affect the health—and taste—of the wine grapes that go into your glass with environmental scientists from UC Berkeley, featuring Houston Wilson, Dylan Beal, and Nicholas Karavolias.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Check out a special wine sampling of vintages from the McBride Sisters Winery on California's Central Coast.
6p - 10p
Head outside for an encounter with life-size dinosaurs that ruled the Earth millions of years ago.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Find out what's the latest on Planet Earth as we take you on an adventure around the globe!
Discover our place in the cosmos in the new planetarium show Passport to the Universe, narrated by Tom Hanks.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!