Daily, 10 am-3:30 pm
Explore cold-weather creatures, their adaptations, and their environments through crafts and hands-on experiments and demonstrations:
- Make an origami penguin
- Create a caribou out of a clothespin
- Enjoy participatory pop-up demonstrations throughout the day, including:
- Blubber Glove: Get a “hands-on” feel for how Arctic animals stay warm in cold water climates
- Melting Ice: Discover how temperature and salinity affect density with this cool-as-ice experiment
- Bear and Reindeer Specimen Investigation
- Snowflake Investigation: Explore snowflakes using microscopes and hear about the importance of community science.
- Comet Demo: Get a chance to see a comet made right before your eyes and find out what common ingredients can be combined to make these icy solar bodies!