Science Action Club Activity Workbooks
Available in sets of 30 for classrooms and groups or for individual kids learning at home, Science Action Club activity workbooks make it easy and fun to explore the natural world anytime, anywhere—no experience necessary.
- Grades: 3-6
- Number of Students: 30 [versions for individual kids also available]
- Number of Self-Guided Activities: 6-7
- Recommended Settings: Summer camps; afterschool programs; homeschool environments; learning at home
- Contact Hours: Workbooks are comprised of 2-4 hours of self-guided activities using commonly found materials.
Nature Lab features six hands-on experiences that guide youth to observe nature and make exciting discoveries. Through neighborhood expeditions, youth investigate the local environment and learn how to look closely, notice patterns, identify problems, and design solutions.
- Activity 1. Shrunken Expedition
- Activity 2. Room from Above
- Activity 3. Focus Your Findings
- Activity 4. Build an Anemometer
- Activity 5. Sizeable Struggles
- Activity 6. Let’s Make a Toast
Design Lab features seven hands-on experiences that guide youth to create, construct, test, and tweak scientific models and make exciting discoveries. Using simple tools and strategies, youth investigate flight, measure wind, probe pollination, and more!
- Activity 1. Construct a Cloud
- Activity 2. Design a Satellite
- Activity 3. Fly a Kite
- Activity 4. Sort the Silhouettes
- Activity 5. Paper Birds
- Activity 6. Pollination Station
- Activity 7. Indestructible Web
Designed to provide several hours of self-guided exploration by kids in grades 3 – 6, each workbook includes science and nature challenges. These activities guide youth to make discoveries on neighborhood expeditions and use simple tools to create, construct, and test scientific models.