Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife shrinks you down to size with a garden party full of animatronic scorpions, spiders, ants, and more to kick-off the opening of our new exhibit, Venom.
- Enjoy an outdoor bar while posing with a 40-foot Mexican red-knee tarantula or climbing on a massive seven-spotted lady beetle.
- Get up close (but not too close, of course) with an array of venomous species including live spiders, scorpions, jellyfish, snakes, and more.
- Know the difference between poison and venom? You will by the end of the night, as Academy scientists show off some of the most toxic specimens from our scientific collections—including California reptiles and amphibians, venomous invertebrates, and toxic plants. (Here’s your chance to learn the easy way to identify poison oak.)
Music by Starfari (DJ set)
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Spice up your NightLife with an evening dedicated to the cool science behind mild, medium & flaming hot peppers.
Tune into NightLife when the museum transforms into a phone-free zone dedicated to life in the analog.
NightLife shrinks you down to size with venomous animals to kick-off the opening of our new exhibit, Venom.
You’re invited to have the time of your life at NightLife’s annual "Under the Sea" prom!