Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Noise Pop NightLife
Celebrate the magic of live music at the official NightLife pre-party for the Noise Pop Music and Arts Festival.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6:00 - 7:40 PM, Passionfruit (DJ set)
- 7:45 - 8:15 PM, Stoney Creation & Friends
- 8:35 - 9:50 PM, Kamaal Williams
Noise Pop & Friends
6 - 10 PM
Catch an eclectic DJ set from global rhythm curator Passionfruit while grooving to international funk, disco, and dance tunes. Slow things down with the mellow, low-fi hip hop stylings of Oakland’s very own Stoney Creation & Friends. Expand your horizons with the genre-defying music of Kamaal Williams, whose adventurous sound blends elements of jazz, breakbeat, hip-hop, and soul.
Bay Area clothing brand San Franpsycho will be on hand, live screen printing a one-of-a-kind design to mark the occasion, so bring a tee or tote bag to customize your own take-home memento. Artist Lil Tuffy has been creating concert posters for SF music venues for two decades, and you’ll have the chance to check out some of his most iconic designs and maybe even cop a print to take home! Plus don’t miss a special prize giveaway hosted by Noise Pop.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep staff and guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets. All guests must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a booster shot (if eligible), and all guests must wear a mask indoors. Feeling under the weather? Please NightLife another time! View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.)
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. Plus, catch a sneak peek of new exhibits, Bugs and Hidden Wonders.
Crawl over to NightLife and meet the stars of our newest exhibit: Bugs.
Will you go to prom with us? Bust out your best prom fit for a night of dancing, live music, and more.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.