Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife LIVE: Duckwrth
Live performance by DUCKWRTH
DJ set by davOmakesbeats (Swagger Like Us)
Co-presented by Noise Pop
In partnership with DoTheBay, Deep Eddy Vodka, Jack Daniel's, and artist-in-residency Maggie West.
7:45 - 8:30 PM - Kick off the night with Oakland-born MC/producer G.L.A.M as she opens with fiery lyrics and her take on ‘90s-influencer hip hop.
8:45 - 9:45 PM - Catch an energetic set in the West Garden by buzzy South Central LA rapper DUCKWRTH. As “LA’s newest, and arguably soon to be best export” (Paper Mag), DUCKWRTH mixes hip hop, funk, and rock for an exciting, unique sound.
6:00 - 10:00 PM - Explore a colorful new art installation by NightLife LIVE’s first artist-in-residence, Los Angeles-based artist Maggie West. Also, check out her interactive AR (augmented reality) art app THEIA and watch it transform the Academy before your eyes.
Art, Albums and Screen Prints
Swamp & Project Lab
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Spruce up your record collection by visiting Amoeba Records’ pop-up shop and collect all of San Franpsycho’s “one-night-only” screen printed shirts designed just for NightLife LIVE. Plus, creativity workshops & button making with Paint Pens Collective.
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, living rainforest, and live performances on an outdoor stage transforms the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
Partnering with some of the Bay Area’s most buzzworthy art collectives and studios, NightLife LIVE will feature immersive light shows and mind-bending projections by ALL OF IT NOW, VR experiences by Vision Quest, and more. Each NightLife LIVE event will also feature hands-on, science-inspired crafts and creativity workshops with Paint Pens Collective, rotating pop-up shops from local vendors like Amoeba Records, and special “one-night-only” custom designs with screen printing by San Franpsycho.
Check the Spotify playlist to hear Duckwrth & more.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.