Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Lunar New Year NightLife
Ring in the Year of the Tiger with a NightLife Lunar New Year celebration to remember! Live drumming and breathtaking martial arts will get your blood pumping as the evening kicks off with a stunning traditional lion dance performance by Chinatown’s own Jing Mo Athletic Association. Join Kristina Cho, author of the cookbook Mooncakes and Milk Bread, for a cooking demonstration as she makes one of our favorite treats: char sui bao (steamed bbq pork buns). Set the tone for the year ahead while connecting to the rich history of Chinese tea ceremonies with Fabula Tea, who will lead an immersive Gong Fu Cha tea ceremony that invites participants to take charge of their well-being and elevate personal growth by slowing down, practicing mindfulness, and reclaiming inner peace and joy.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQ's for more details.
Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Celebrate the myriad applications of mycelium in a night dedicated to the fascinating world of fungi.
It’s the year of the tiger, it’s the thrill of the night! Usher in the Lunar New Year at a special NightLife.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Get amped for the return of the official Noise Pop Festival pre-party featuring sets by Kamaal Williams & more!