Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Music by OhHellNoel (Sweater Funk, Down to Funk)
Tune into NightLife and drop out of the digital world when NightLife transforms the museum into a phone-free zone with an experimental night dedicated to life in the analog.
Our one-night, slow-down-and-watch-the-fishes experiment only works if we’re all in it together, so we’ve asked Yondr to help everybody place their phones in a small, locked case for the night. (But don’t worry, you’ll have your phone on you at all times and will be able to unlock it at any point.)
- Explore the museum free of notifications and messages while you check out computer-free art, music, and film.
- Enjoy some analog pastimes and get creative with hands-on crafts while you’re hands-free.
- Don’t forget to unlock your phone when you leave at the end of the night!
*Please note: In the spirit of all going analog together, NightLife will ask every guest to temporarily unplug and place their phone in a small Yondr case during this event. Guests will maintain possession of their phone at all times and there will be several “unlock” stations set up around the museum for easy phone access.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
ANALOG NIGHTLIFE FAQs
Q: I didn’t know that phones are not allowed tonight. What if I don’t want to go phone-free?
In the spirit of tonight’s one-night-only theme and all going analog together, we respectfully request that all Analog NightLife attendees only use their phones in designated Phone Use Areas located around the museum.
Q: My admission ticket is on my phone. How do I get entry to the event?
You will not be asked to put your phone away until after you’ve entered the building, so you may use your mobile device to present your event ticket upon arrival.
Q: My planetarium ticket is on my phone. How will I access it for entry to the dome?
No worries! Phones will be temporarily unlocked at the planetarium entrance so that show passes may be scanned.
Q: Can I use my phone at all during the event?
In the spirit of going analog together, we ask that you only use your phone in designated Phone Use Areas, three of which will be located throughout the museum. Upon arrival at the Academy that night, all phones will be secured in Yondr cases that will be opened as you exit the event. Guests maintain possession of their phones at all times, and can access their phones throughout the event at designated Phone Use Areas around the museum. All phones will be re-secured in Yondr cases before leaving these designated areas.
Q: Will the pouch affect my phone in any way?
No, the pouch will not affect your phone.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Spice up your NightLife with an evening dedicated to the cool science behind mild, medium & flaming hot peppers.
Tune into NightLife when the museum transforms into a phone-free zone dedicated to life in the analog.
NightLife shrinks you down to size with venomous animals to kick-off the opening of our new exhibit, Venom.
You’re invited to have the time of your life at NightLife’s annual "Under the Sea" prom!