Sign up for our Youth Programs mailing list to stay informed about all teen opportunities, including when program applications open.
Want to better grasp the impact that Academy Youth Programs have had on Bay Area teens? Dive into the press coverage, read our latest publications, or watch a video production by Academy youth.
Science Action Club
- Science Action Club Engages Youth at Cameron Park Zoo
Learn how Science Action Club is building STEM identities and inspiring youth to explore science at Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, Texas.
- Science Action Club Brings STEM opportunities to Bitterroot Valley Youth
In Hamilton, Montana youth are engaging in real world science research as a part of their Science Action Club experience.
- Science Action Clubs Use Citizen Science to Engage Students in STEM Learn how Science Action Club leverages national citizen science projects to engage middle school students in active science research.
- Afterschool Alliance: How do successful afterschool STEM programs do it?
Explore what makes the Science Action Club program an innovative and impactful afterschool STEM experience for youth.
- Science Centers and Afterschool Programs: Working Together for All Kids
Learn how science centers are partnering with afterschool programs to plug into an existing infrastructure and leverage established experiences and community relationships.
- Afterschool Alliance: Impact of Afterschool STEM
Afterschool programs like Science Action Club provide opportunities for youth to engage in science research and see themselves as potential contributors to the STEM enterprise.
- Bug Count in San Francisco Homes
Learn how Science Action Club youth participate in and contribute to active research projects as citizen scientists.
- Elizabeth Babcock on How Digital Media Can Help Change Public Understanding of Science
Learn more about the Academy’s approach to Digital Media through a conversation with thought leader Elizabeth Babcock.
Careers in Science Intern Program
- Powered by the People: A Citizen Science Sampler
Learn more about the Acadmey’s Careers in Science long term project with LIMPETS and other examples of youth contributions to authentic science projects.
- Young Scientists Attend San Jose Gathering with Ph.D.'s
Careers in Science interns join scientists at the inaugural conference of the Citizen Science Association. See how youth are contributing to science research.
Youth Programs Partnerships
- Citizen Science Toolkit for Educators
Jam-packed with project ideas, lesson plans, background info, and planning guides, this incredible resource can jump-start or enhance your efforts to do citizen science with kids.
The Academy provides a variety of out-of-school-time programs for middle and high school-aged youth, with applications opening seasonally.