Sign up for our Youth Programs mailing list to stay informed about all teen opportunities, including when program applications open.
Science Action Club
- Science Action Club Brings STEM opportunities to Bitterroot Valley Youth In Hamilton, Montana youth are engaging in real world science research as a part of their Science Action Club experience.
- Science Centers and Afterschool Programs: Working Together for All Kids
Learn how science centers are partnering with afterschool programs to plug into an existing infrastructure and leverage the experiences and community relationships that these programs have established.
- Afterschool Alliance: Impact of Afterschool STEM
Afterschool programs like Science Action Club provide opportunities for youth to engage in science research and see themselves as potential contributors to the STEM enterprise.
- Genentech Sponsors Growing Bay Area Science Club Program, Invests in Hands-on Science Learning
The Academy is pleased to announce the expansion of its Science Action Club program, thanks to the generous support of South San Francisco-based biotechnology company Genentech.
- Bug Count in San Francisco Homes
Learn how Science Action Club youth participate in and contribute to active research projects as citizen scientists.
- Elizabeth Babcock on How Digital Media Can Help Change Public Understanding of Science
Learn more about the Academy’s approach to Digital Media through a conversation with thought leader Elizabeth Babcock.
Careers in Science Intern Program
- Powered by the People: A Citizen Science Sampler
Learn more about the Acadmey’s Careers in Science long term project with LIMPETS and other examples of youth contributions to authentic science projects.
- Young Scientists Attend San Jose Gathering with Ph.D.'s
Careers in Science interns join scientists at the inaugural conference of the Citizen Science Association. See how youth are contributing to science research.
Youth Programs Partnerships
- Citizen Science Toolkit for Educators
Jam-packed with project ideas, lesson plans, background info, and planning guides, this incredible resource can jump-start or enhance your efforts to do citizen science with kids.