Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
SF Beer Week NightLife
It’s the most refreshing event of the year, SF Beer Week is here! Celebrate with a froth-filled evening of brews from the Bay.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(Piazza and Swamp)
6:00 - 10:00pm, Sip your way through a pop-up beer garden with dozens of local breweries including:
- Ale Industries
- Anchor Brewing
- Anderson Valley Brewing Co.
- Black Hammer
- Fort Point
- New Bohemia
- Pacific Brewing Laboratory
- Schubros Brewing Co.
- Triple Voodoo
- Uncommon Brewers
Plus, be sure to treat your tastebuds to NightLife’s signature craft beer Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Co. with plant types found on the museum’s living roof.
Brewers Talks & Demos
6:00 - 10:00pm, Chat with the beer geeks from SF Brewcraft and pick up tips on the art of home brewing.
8:00pm - Listen to a fascinating talk by brewers from Schubros Brewing Co. as they discussed their Belgian-style beer brewed with 48-million-year-old yeast.
8:30pm - Hear from SF brewing legends Anchor Brewing Co. as they talk about the history of beer in SF.
6:00-10:00pm, Get down to the Popscene jams of DJ Omar.
Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in African Hall. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables throughout the museum, only beer tickets.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket
1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-5 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Upcoming NightLife Events
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Get nocturnal with NightLife this week as we learn all about (and interact with) creatures of the night.
Get your dose of mechanical mayhem as NightLife hosts a salute to all things robotic.
Check out the best of the Academy with behind-the-scenes science in the world's greenest museum.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.