Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with an evening of after hours science inside the greenest museum on the planet.
Enjoy nighttime dive shows in our Philippine Coral Reef tank, learn about Claude the albino alligator during a special Swamp Talk, then prepare to be transported during a special Planetarium show about weather phenomena in space.
Put your worldly knowledge to the test with three rounds of science-inspired trivia from Brainstormer.
Listen to our resident animal food expert, Steinhart Aquarium’s James DuPont, as he talks about the behind the scenes work that goes in to feeding 38,000 live animals daily.
For more insider info, experience the museum through the eyes of the people who know it best: The Academy staff will share their personal can’t-miss favorites during pop-up talks throughout the museum.
Plus, view scientific specimens from the Academy’s world-class research collections and the fascinating stories behind them.
DJ set in the Piazza by The BeDazzlers.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.
Get nocturnal with NightLife this week as we learn all about (and interact with) creatures of the night.
Get your dose of mechanical mayhem as NightLife hosts a salute to all things robotic.
Check out the best of the Academy with behind-the-scenes science in the world's greenest museum.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.