Special Note: This is a two-week workshop taking place on July 24-28 & July 31-August 4. The sessions run Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. In order to participate, you must commit to joining us for the full two weeks.
Teacher Academy for Environmental Learning (grades K - 5)
Join our growing community of teacher-learner-researchers discovering best practices through collaboration! Become a lifelong science learner, improve your instruction, and ignite in your students a passion for the natural world.
More About the Event
The Teacher Academy for Environmental Learning is a two-week professional learning experience that runs 8:30am - 3:30pm every weekday, July 24 - July 28 and July 31 - August 4. Caffeine and morning refreshments will be served daily.
Our work together will focus on :
- Systems & ecosystems
- Collaborating with other teachers
- Backwards planning & the spectrum of inquiry
- Having fun and learning together
Designed for K-5th Grade Teachers
During the Teacher Academy, you will experience three adult-level, multi-day, hands-on science experiences that span the two weeks, and time to think about implications for your classroom and teaching. There will be time to design your own lessons and get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Academy!
You will leave prepared to help your students become scientists and use systems thinking to explore environmental problems.
- Join our community of educators, and receive in-person support from Academy coaches.
- Bring home the high-quality science notebook that you've used throughout the Teacher Academy.
- Leave with a USB drive of plans created by your fellow teachers, resources related to the adult-level investigations, and other useful tools.
How Do I Join?
Tickets are only $150 for the full two-week experience.
Reserve your spot online or by calling 877-227-3311 on any day from 8am-5pm.
Be the first to hear about Academy field trips, upcoming workshops, and special offers by joining our email list.