Book Now for the Next Sleepover
Save the Date!
Tickets for these events go on sale July 1st
- Friday, October 17, 2014
- Friday, November 7, 2014
- Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Friday, February 20, 2015
- Saturday, March 7 & March 21, 2015 (Boy Scout Exclusive)
- Friday, April 10 & April 24, 2015 (Girl Scout Exclusive)
- Friday, May 15, 2015
- Friday, June 19, 2015
Listen to the evening songs of the rainforest birds and sing “twinkle twinkle” to a sea star at the Discovery Tidepool. Then head over to Tusher African Hall to interact with a Penguin specialist and become a stargazing guru during an after-hours planetarium show. Before bedtime, settle in for story time while snacking on cookies and milk and learn about Pierre — the Academy’s famous wetsuit-wearing penguin. When the lights go out, unroll your sleeping bag in African Hall, next to the swaying kelp of the California Coast tank, or even at the Swamp window, face-to-face with Claude, the albino alligator. In the morning, rise and shine, then head over to the Academy Café for a continental breakfast.
- Overnight stay in African Hall, Aquarium, Lower Swamp, or Islands of Evolution
- Live animal demonstrations
- Rainforests of the World Exhibit until 8:00 pm
- Two Planetarium showings
- Late-night snack and full breakfast
- Overnight parking in Music Concourse Garage
- Next day admission to the Academy
Pricing & Tickets
Click here to fill out a group reservation form.
Important Information & Eligibility Requirements
Admission to the Sleepover begins at 6:00 pm, and the event ends at 8:00 am the following day. If you would like to spend the day at the Academy after
the Sleepover, you may get your hand stamped and re-enter when the building opens for the day. There are no in/out privileges during the Sleepover.
If you leave the Sleepover for any reason before its conclusion, you may re-enter when we re-open for the day.
Sleeping areas — African Hall, Aquarium, Lower Swamp and Islands of Evolution exhibit — are available on a first come, first served basis.
Areas may not be reserved.
Dinner and drinks are available for purchase. The Academy Café is open from 6-9pm.
Parking is included; bring your ticket with you to check-in for validation. There is no overnight street parking as per Golden Gate Park regulations.
The garage is not operated by the Academy and, as such, the Academy makes no representations concerning the garage or your ability to park in it.
Smoking is prohibited in Golden Gate Park, therefore, smoking is not permitted in the Academy.
The Academy Lab Junior gift shop is open from 7–8am in the morning.
For more information about Academy Sleepovers, please call (415) 379-5333.
Event schedule and pricing subject to change without prior notice.
What to bring » [PDF, 86kb]
PLEASE READ, and agree to abide by, the Academy’s Eligibility Requirements
Penguins+Pajamas is a program for children between the ages of 5 and 17, who must be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is 25 years of age, or older.
There must be one adult chaperone for every group of up to 5 children, and adults cannot attend unless there is a child in their party. Similarly,
no unaccompanied children may participate in the Sleepover. Guests between 18 and 24 are welcome, but may not serve as chaperones.
The Academy requires a signed Waiver of Liability form for EACH adult
and EACH child attending the Sleepover. For children, the Waiver must be signed by the child’s parent or guardian. The Waiver of Liability must
identify the adult who will be responsible for the child during the Sleepover. Only original Waivers will be accepted; no faxes or copies. No one
will be admitted without a completed Waiver.
For the enjoyment, safety and security of your group, other guests, the staff and the animals, the following activities are prohibited:
- Running, yelling, climbing, or throwing materials of any kind
- Touching, or attempting to frighten the animals in any manner, including tapping on aquariums or other exhibits
- Taking anything out of, or putting anything into, the exhibits
- Using the tanks, and/or windows as writing surfaces (they scratch easily)
- Bare feet; shoes or soled slippers must be worn at all times
- Smoking, either in the Academy or GG Park; including use of smokeless tobacco products
- Bringing in food or drink, except in connection with dietary restrictions
- Using cell phones, except in the case of an emergency.