Celebrate your birthday at the Academy! With parties designed for children ages 2 – 10, you and your guests will enjoy exclusive access to a party room, light refreshments, and, of course, birthday cupcakes. Additional party add-ons are available to make your special celebration even more unique.
- Maximum of 30 guests including children and birthday family*
- Two-hour exclusive party room
- Cupcakes and beverages (milk or juice)**
- A special gift for the birthday boy or girl
- Express entry into the building for party guests
- Express entry into the Earthquake Shake House simulator and Osher Rainforest
- Reserved seating in the Planetarium (minimum age of 5)
- Full access to Academy Daily Programs and exhibits during and after event
- Age-appropriate story or activity
- Party favors for all kids
- Set up and clean up by Academy staff
* Guests 1 and older counted toward number of participants
** No outside food or beverage is allowed, but additional food options are available for purchase from the Academy Café. Those options can be found below.
Please see Important Party Information (PDF), which includes answers to some frequently asked questions about our parties.
See the Party Schedule Overview (PDF) for a sample schedule of an Academy birthday party.
Costs and Criteria:
$699 for non-members for up to 16 guests. $40 each additional guest, maximum of 30 guests.
$629 for Academy members for up to 16 guests. $40 each additional guest, maximum of 30 guests.
Prices include General Admission. We require a 1:5 adult-to-child guest ratio.
Looking to make your party even more special? We have the following additional options available:
- 20-minute appearance by our mascot Claude (alligator costume): $500
- Catering from the Academy Café. Café orders must be finalized two weeks prior to your party date. (Menu PDF)
- Science craft project: $100
- 20-minute Animal Encounter: $100 The Animal Encounter is an opportunity to get up close and personal with one of our education and public program animals. These special animals are not on display to the public and only make occasional appearances. It's the perfect opportunity to meet one of our non-human Academy ambassadors! Please note that only children 5 and older may touch the animals in an Animal Encounter.
Please contact David Williams for food and beverage arrangements or any food and beverage related questions at David.Williams2@sodexo.com or 831-325-1607.
- Saturdays and Sundays
- 10 am–noon or 2–4 pm
- For children ages 2–10
We require that parties be booked at a minimum of 30 days in advance.
Payment and Cancellations:
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required at time of reservation and the balance is due 30 days prior to your event date. No refunds given for cancellations within 30 days of event. Options may be added on to your party package up to 14 days prior to event date.
Party can be rescheduled once without penalty, no later than 60 days prior to the event date, and all other transferring of dates will be treated as a cancellation of the original date and another deposit must be paid to hold a new date.